BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 25, 2008

My 1st Gundam!!


I bought my 1st Gundam Model!!


It's the GN-001 Gundam Exia from the MS Gundam 00 Series....better known as the Seven-Sword Gundam...yes, he does have seven swords at his disposal, mind you, it's not a catchphrase...
GN-001
Right now i still can't remove the package box...in awe of my decision...and fear of screwing up on something that is not cheap...

Girls probably would go -_________- and say that i'm childish and splurged on toys and should grow up(or spend on them instead :p)

I was actually induced into buying this after one of my good friends Mike, bought the Gundam Dynames which is another MS Gundam from the same series, and after listening to his explaination, i thought it would be interesting to try this out myself...
Exia in Avalanche-mode(Extra equipment)
People like my mom would go berserk knowing i spent money to purchase something that is inedible and not constructive to my studies...in fact i still feel stunned by my balls to get this even though i knew it would cost abit (having got a big angpow from another friend's parents sure helps in making this decision much easier) However, i chose to see this as a work of art...

Since many would not know(i mean those who are clueless about anything concerning Gundam) that why this is something that i would bother buying since all it does is pose and well, pose. But to me, i see this as something that uses alot of concentration and focus to build, and to form it piece by piece perfectly is something all Gundam enthusiasts(not me, yet) dream of...Mike says a perfect one would need to be glued painstakingly and painted with care, and treated like a work of art...

Personally i feel the same way as well, but it was for model planes...

I wanted to get model planes for myself since last year, starting with an A-10 Warthog, but apparently everywhere i went, i just couldn't find it, and all i could get my hands on were the Spitfire, or P-51 Mustangs, very old WW2 era warplanes,(though Discovery claimed the Mustang as the greatest fighter plane that ever existed)...i felt more and more frustrated by the lack of model shops...not to mention having nobody to teach me about this...therefore my enthusiasm was buried, until now...

Why not go for it since i have a pro Gundam builder teaching me that i have wanted to learn?

My only wish is that it would turn out as good as it looks on the front cover...

I'm still sitting here looking at it...

still looking....
..

I really am so petrified of it...what if i screw up? I can't afford another!!

Oh well just keep looking at it....until Mike comes over to help me...

This may be the beginning of it , or the end of my model building hobby adventure...

Stay Tuned....

3 comments:

weiqi said...

haha..boys buying toys are like girls buying bags and shoes..we are just spending money on something that is not neccesary =p

Anonymous said...

ehemmm....i would consider myself as a non-female.
but...i would have to opt for things that can pose and pose and pose.... no need me to build it lor...

as for my vice shopping...it would have to be...t-shirts and sneakers...and some figurines...i guess..no bags for me. Except for the Nike sling bags...mmmm..

Anonymous said...

i really adore your own writing style, very helpful.
don't give up and keep penning seeing that it just simply good worth to look through it,
impatient to see additional of your own posts, good bye ;)