BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bus Blues...

Upset.

I simply cannot stand the buses here.

They either come too early and zoom off before you can chase them down no matter how fast you run, or, they just come soooooo late that you either miss your lecture or anything, and usually it happens at the worst possible moment.

Guess what, today, I lost my temper and I was so upset about it that i decided to blog about it.

I was waiting after my grocery shopping, getting the normal rations like juices, fruits and milk, (yes, since Jamie Oliver's show about Eat to Save Your Life, I haven't done anything sinful like having junk food or crap at a consistant rate, will blog about this, given time.) I was rushing to get back to my lodge to grab my dinner at the ground floor canteen(yes, my accomodation fortunately provides dinner for me at a reasonable rate, that is why I'm desperate to grab it) and I hoped that it would come at the specified time it was required to do so.

The buses here follow a rigid schedule, and we are provided brochures that contain the specific times they are supposed to arrive at a stop. Usually I would give it a plus or minus 5 minute gap, most of the buses would appear by then. I would just forget about it and just say that it might be a slight delay.

Unfortunately, this bus that I was soooo desperate to get on was 40 minutes late!!! Not only I was waiting, the whole stop started to fill up with people and everybody got confused with the situation. I started to look at my time anxiously, and wishing that I would make the 7.30pm deadline. When the bus arrived it was soooo f**king late that I was speechless about its ridiculous arrival time, and...

Surprise surprise!! Another bus of the same route followed behind it!!!!

OMFG...it got sooo late that the next bus after it was right behind it!!!

Normally under good weather and plenty of time, I would happily trek through the streets and walk the 3km route back myself in half and hour, at this rate I would've reached by then!!!

Everybody was upset but nobody had the guts to tell the driver how late he was. With all the heavy baggage I had to stand it that cramped bus with effort to keep all the stuff secure lest it hits the other passengers...it was sooo humiliating and awkward, nonetheless having a pretty chick facing me on the bus was rubbing salt into the wound. I guess the fact that she was on the bus made things better, not much but better. LOL

Previous cases of such incidents occured, and yet the drivers responded with regret or remorse and sometimes even offered the rides free as the result of the delay. I wouldn't have wished for it, to a certain extent, but I would've hoped for an apology. This is too much!!

Needless to say I missed the dinner and sat at my own room feeling pissed and hungry.

I screamed at my mom for that, I screamed at my sis for that, heck I even screamed at my friends about that too. I've had enough of being pushed around. I was upset, and hungry, and lonely.

I've made my replacement meal and had myself think over it. Situation solved, but I'm not happy with it. Hopefully tomorrow's another day and I'll have more positive stuff to look forward for my birthday this Saturday.

1 comments:

weiqi said...

the bus driver is so good to give u guys free ride, but sometimes a free ride is not enough to compensate anything if u are late for a very important meeting